(2) Information We Collect
Personal Data: We only collect personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it, such as when placing an order through the Site, contacting us with a comment or question, signing up to receive emails about our products, or requesting an order or shipping confirmation. If you choose to use this web site and purchase our products/services, we may process the following types of personal data about you:
Customer Data relating to any purchases of our goods or services, such as your name, billing and shipping address, email address, phone number, other basic contact information, and purchase details. Your payment details are processed through Stripe or PayPal, third party payment-processing gateways. We do not have access to your credit card details. Transaction details and emails are processed through Squarespace. You can reference these company's policies to learn more about their privacy practices
- Communications and other messages, including correspondence between Edera Jewelry and you through email, social media messaging, social media posting, or other communication you send us.
- Marketing Data, such as your email marketing preferences, as well as your email address, and location if you sign up for our newsletter. Our email newsletter has a double opt-in requirement and is processed through Mailchimp, a third party email-marketing platform. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of purchases, communications, etc.
For more information on the cookies we use on this site, please visit this link.
Sensitive Data: We do not collect any Sensitive Data, such as your race, ethnicity, health status, biometric data, criminal convictions and offences, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientations, political opinions, or union memberships.
(3) Our Use of Your Information
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- to provide our products/services and fulfill your order;
- to resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- to verify your identity and the information you provide;
- to encourage a safe online experience and enforce our terms and conditions;
- to improve our products/services and customer experience and inform you about our products/services and updates;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
- to provide you with information that may affect your use of our products/services; and
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, such as by signing up for our mailing list from which you may unsubscribe at any time, to communicate marketing and promotional offers to you.
(4) Our Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties. Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as IT services, analytics providers, shipping companies, and payment processors. We may disclose information to professional advisors including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms, and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
(5) Data Retention
(6) Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Squarespace is Privacy Shield certified.
(7) External Links
This website may contain links to other websites of interest or third-party service providers. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
(8) Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
(9) How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Ivy Long, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at ivy [!at] ederajewelry.com or at 1(802)440-1533.